Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Preparation for Lachlan's quilt - choosing material

I've selected the material for Lachlan's quilt. I already had some pieces of blue fabrics that I wanted to use in this quilt and also a few pieces of cream fabric.

As I didn't have enough I brought some more pieces of both blue and cream toned fabrics for the top.


I couldn't find a 'boarder fabric' to use on the boarder so I have brought four pieces of material to make up a similar design.
I usually leave buying the backing material and batting until I have finished the top of the quilt so that I can make sure I have enough of each. It's also good to be able to see the top completed so that you can match the backing material.

Once I have the material I wash and iron it all.
This is my clothesline full of fabrics for Lachlan's quilt.